In my first swimming crossing I almost gave up: I was saved by a guy who never even knew it

When I was a child and later teenager, I admired the swimming, but never had the opportunity to attend a school and much less a club with swimming pool. I learned to swim as boys of my age and my time here in Florianopolis, on their own beaches of Ilha de Santa Catarina.
Later I studied BA in Physical Education was always clad in sports, but swimming has always been my weak point.
After graduating, my professional life and some choices I made, I became very sedentary and also smoked cigarettes for many years. But a few years ago, decided to change my lifestyle. I quit smoking and started to swim every day as a way to get exercise without hurting my knees because I had also won a kilos extras.
Encouraged by friends and students of UFSC I make my first voyage of 1500 and early swam stronger than it should and when I got to the first buoy at 500 m was extremely tired and I held the rope that was tied to it. Then I thought about asking to pull me to the beach. I saw it pass me by a man who swam the laps giving with one arm (he lost the mouvment in an accident). Then at that point, I learned another lesson: If despite enormous difficulties, the man went to complete that test by swimming with one arm, how can I with two arms and two legs would quit. So I loosened the rope and kept swimming until you complete that test and I never stopped to swim ...
Sometimes I tell this story to encourage anyone in swimming, or upon some difficulties in life. The other day I told Léia, and she prepared travessias.com of a surprise that left me speechless and I could not tell this story at the time. She called me to deliver the medals in an awards where he was the athlete who had served as a stimulus for me. It was an honor, a pleasure and a great emotion!

Here is a picture of the moment. The name of the athlete who gave me this lesson in perseverance is Marcos Aurélio Gonçalves third place in the photo, who I'm hugging.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

História da Natação

Elias Salim Achar, o mascateiro libanês

Dicas para travessias ou maratonas aquáticas natação de águas abertas