By bike in Los Angeles

For professional reasons I had to spend five days in Los Angeles.
 I had gone before and rented a bike and found the experience interesting.
 So this time I decided to be bold Mayan.
 I had been looking for a long time to buy a folding bike to be able to easily carry around in the car and to try to do some commuting combined with bus and car.
 So after much research I concluded that the best brand was English Dahon.  In Brazil they are very expensive.
 I came to the conclusion that a good alternative was to shop online and have it delivered to my hotel in LA.  I found a Ford by Dahon on Amazon.com at a very reasonable price.
 On the scheduled day and time UPS delivered the box with the bike to my hotel.
 It was in perfect condition and the only things I had to ride was a pedal and the saddle.  The rest was just unfolding and inflating the tires and I was out for a walk.
 Amazing.  Small, light, very fast and safe.
 Then I started doing all my travels with her. 






Combining sometimes with other means of transport.
 Los Angeles is a bike friendly city.  There are many cycle tracks.  But most important is not the cycle lanes, but the attitude of everyone in traffic, including that of cyclists.  Detail: There are no segregated bike paths.  In some places cyclists are advised to use a full lane like a car.  There are signs in this sense and everyone respects.
 I walked a week on two wheels there even combining with other means of transportation and received no honks, no drivers scraped, nor did I feel threatened.
 At the end of the trip, I packed again and took it to my house in Florianópolis where it will be useful and fun.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

História da Natação

Elias Salim Achar, o mascateiro libanês

Dicas para travessias ou maratonas aquáticas natação de águas abertas